Postponement

We went to Baltimore today to consult with my myeloma physician. We received some unsettling news, tempered with a way forward.

It seems that my bone marrow biopsy indicated that the level of disease in my marrow is too high for a stem cell transplant to have the best chance of success, at this time. Two of the chemotherapy drugs that I have been taking (Revlimid and Velcade) have, for some time, stopped working at controlling my disease. My physician advised that we shift to two newer, stronger medications (Kyprolis and Pomalyst). These medications are taken for three weeks and then off for a week. This is called a cycle.

My stem cell transplant is now postponed until these new medications can get my myeloma more under control. This could mean two or three cycles, making my transplant more likely for mid to late November.

Thank all who have read the blog and offered me their good thoughts.

Daily updates to the blog are no longer needed. I will perhaps post monthly between now and a time closer to my transplant.

Comments

  1. I am hopeful that these new stronger drugs will have the results that you need.
    I really enjoyed the film, through the eyes of a statistician....thanks for sharing and please stay in touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Running out of Options

Bob's Stem Cell Transplant Blog

Rose's First Blog Post