Another Postponement

As you may recall from the previous post (August 14). We went to Baltimore today to consult with my myeloma physician. In mid November we received some more unsettling news, and as before tempered with a way forward.

It seems that once again my blood test numbers indicated that the level of disease in my marrow was too high for a stem cell transplant to have the best chance of success, at this time. The two newer, and stronger Two of the chemotherapy drugs that I have been taking (Kyprolis and Pomalyst) have, after three months, stopped working at controlling my disease. My physician advised that we shift to two even newer, stronger medications . These medications are taken for three weeks and then off for a week. This is called a cycle.
My stem cell transplant is now postponed until these new medications can get my myeloma more under control. This could mean two or three cycles, making my transplant more likely for mid to late December or early January.
Thank all who have read the blog and offered me their good thoughts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Running out of Options

Bob's Stem Cell Transplant Blog

Rose's First Blog Post