I Won't Be Able To Tend My Mushroom Farm

The title above was one piece of advice we learned today at the Transplant Education Class. No, I don't have a mushroom farm. This season we don't even have tomato plants or basil. We do have a thriving fig tree.

Of course, the title does brings to mind the comment about the workplace that is said to be like a mushroom farm: it keeps all involved in the dark and feeds them...Well, you know.

In addition to the Education Class, I also had a physical. I've got to be healthy enough for the treatment to kill my immune system and restore it!

We had a very good lunch at Bagby Pizza on Fleet Street in Fells Point, Baltimore.




Too Much Information

We learned that the chemotherapy drug cytoxan can have positive benefits by tricking a body into making a lot of stem cells. This process is called mobilization. Cytoxan is used along with the growth factor medicine Neupogen. Together they can sometimes cause short term pain in large bones. To relieve this pain, the allergy medication Claritin is recommended!

Comments

  1. Claritin for the short term pain relief...never would have guessed that one. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does that mean I can come by and pick up some figs?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My news to share that's not politics is that my friend went away for 3 weeks to Taiwan, Kchina and Japan. I am dog sitting for her little Terrier while she's gone. The dog thought she was going to Hotel California and ended up here with me at doggy boot camp LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Running out of Options

Bob's Stem Cell Transplant Blog

Rose's First Blog Post